Friday 23 September 2011

Mendip & Explorer go to Bourneville

Hi again everyone. Pugwash again. It is just after 20:00 BST and we have been moored at the BCLM since late afternoon. We have all eaten a large portion of fish and chips (the next most important thing after bacon butties). I think the lads paid a compliment - when I suggested changing the breakfast menu to cereals and preserves from bacon and fried tomato butties I almost sparked a mutiny! So went shopping in Birmingham this morning and stocked up on bacon, tomatoes and bread. Silly me!!
Trip trip from Birmingham to Dudley took the standard approx 3 hours with only 3 locks. So, in boating terms it was a very quiet and easy day. We are here until early Monday morning when we will set off back to Ellesmere Port and home moorings.
There are over 70 historic working narrow boats here at the gathering with more expected tomorrow. It is great to meet up with friends from around the cut (canal) and make new friends along the way.
Our official commemorative run has now finished, however, I have been asked to continue the blog for those following our journey based at the museum and fellow BMS members. I am of course, very happy to do so.
This situation, blogging in the dark, is a strange experience. Ten days ago I had not heard of blogs, a crash course and a lot of encouragement later here I am, siting in the well deck of a narrow boat in the dark, laptop on my knees with a head touch focused on the keyboard it is no wonder that it is attracting comments from other boaters as they walk passed.
Mike one of the team has just taken a photo of this strange event. I will down load it and attach it to tomorrow's blog. That's about it for now. More tomorrow. Thanks again for your continued support. Bye for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment